To Our Sherper’s Community,
As of today, 3/19/20, we have decided to temporarily close our brick and mortar stores to the public. We feel this is the best course of action to protect the health and well-being of our employees, our customers, and our community.
During this temporary closure we will provide our customers with the following services:
1. ONLINE SHOPPING: Our online stores (sherpers.com and mkeblades.com) will continue to operate as normal 24/7. As we always do, we will offer free shipping on orders over $50 (some exclusions may apply).
We have already had many customers ask us how they can help during this time, so we wanted to share our list with you. If any of you have any ideas, please share them with us as well! As we always do, we want to hear from you on how we can continue to provide the best service for you as we have over the past 85 years.
1. Shop with us over the phone and online! Get some great gear while you are stuck at home practicing social distancing.
2. Purchase a gift card for yourself, your friends, or your family (https://sherpers.com/giftcertificates.php). If you know you will be in the market for a new tent, a kayak, some hiking boots, or any number over the over 40,000 items we stock in the stores, purchase a gift card for future use. This is cash that will allow us to continue to pay our bills AND our employees during this difficult time.
3. Review us on Google/Facebook/Yelp/etc. If you have ever had a good shopping experience with us, please spread the word. We’d love to hear your kind words!
4. Share a photo or video of any product you have purchased from us over the years. We will be looking for more and more great social media content during this time, and we would love for you to share a review of a product, send us your own product demonstration video, or just share some cool photos of yourself enjoying nature and practicing some social distancing. Please share these on our social networks or send submissions to email@example.com.
5. If you work for or are associated with any organization that is looking to purchase any of the items we stock in bulk, please reach out to us and let us help you get some great deals on a bulk purchase. We have worked with hundreds of scout troops, tourism groups, chambers of commerce, non-profits, wildlife programs, police departments, camps, public schools, etc, over the years, and we would be happy to continue to serve you during this time.
6. Share this post! Let other people in your network know how we are currently operating and what they can do to support us through this time.
We will update our social media pages and website if any further changes to our daily operations occur. We wish for nothing but health and peace of mind to everyone in our Sherper’s community, and we hope to see your familiar faces back in the stores soon.
Thank you for your support.
Nate Scherper, Rob Scherper, Sarah Scherper, Gary Scherper, and the entire crew here at Sherper’s