The Coast XT is built for serious adventure - and now we've made it even more sturdy, with new aluminum cockpit latches and extra-reinforced strap anchor points. Also added is a new geometric print pattern that screams "performance". The Coast XT is our super-fast origami kayak in the lineup - efficient in the water and can hold enough gear for days. It's tough enough to handle the open ocean, but still light enough to carry on your back.
- A 16'2" performance kayak that folds down to the size of a large suitcase. At 32 pounds, this origami kayak weights the same as an ultra-fancy carbon fiber one. It's compact enough to store in your trunk, closet, boat, or garage - but can store a ton of gear. With the Oru Pack, you can even check it on a plane or hike into remote waters.
- The Coast XT can handle anything you throw at it. The closed cockpit can be used with a spray skirt to keep you dry in waves or rain. It's best for intermediate and advanced paddlers.
- Our origami kayaks are lightweight but extraordinarily strong. They're created from 5 mm double-layered, custom-extruded polypropylene with a 10-year UV treatment. Translation? Oru Kayaks are incredibly puncture + abrasion resistant and built to last. They can withstand sliding over rocks, bumping into obstacles, and folding up tens of thousands of time.
- Weight: 32 Lbs (14.5 Kg)
- Length: 16'2" (493 Cm)
- Width: 25" (64 Cm)
- Cockpit: 16" x 30" (41 x 76 Cm)
- Storage: 180 liters
- Max paddler height: 6'3" (190.5 Cm)
- Weight capacity: 400 Lbs (181 Kg)
- Kayak box: 33" x 14" x 29" (84 x 36 x 74 Cm)
- Shipping box: 35" by 17" by 31"
- Set-up time: 10-15 minutes