If you're tired of getting soaked on your camping trips or always find yourself struggling with the zippers on your tent, switch to an ALPS Mountaineering tent that you can rely on. The Taurus is a simple 2-pole freestanding dome tent that is enhanced with 2 doors and 2 vestibules (one over each door) with extra large #8 zippers to make entering and exiting the tent hassle free. The two doors each have a mesh window, which is great for ventilation... and when it's time to put on the fly, you won't have to worry about losing your fresh air. The fly has additional vents for continued ventilation. ALPS tents each come with a factory sealed fly and floor seams to give you the best weather protection and keep you dry. If you're interested in an even heavier oxford floor and larger #10 zippers, you can always check out our Taurus Outfitter Series as another option.
- Free-standing two-pole design with fiberglass poles
- Easy assembly with pole clips
- 75D 185T polyester fly with 1500mm coating resists UV damage and stays taut
- Factory-sealed fly and floor seams provide best weather protection
- 75D 185T poly taffeta floor with 2000mm coating
- Extra large #8 zippers on doors and vestibules
- Easy entry and great ventilation with two doors (both with zippered mesh windows)
- Two vestibules for gear storage and extra weather protection
- Weatherproof fly buckles on for maximum adjustability and protection
- Mesh roof vents increase ventilation and improve star-gazing
- Mesh storage pockets, gear loft, 7075 aluminum stakes, and guy ropes included
- Base size: 7'6 x 8'6
- Center height: 52"
- Vestibule depth: 35"
- Tent area: 64 ft?
- Vestibule area: 25 ft?
- Total weight: 10 lbs. 11 oz.
- Packed size: 6.5" x 24"
- Pole diameter: 11 mm
WARNING: California residents click here for more information on Proposition 65.